Hi, My name is Leigh Scott and this website is for anyone hoping to find helpful ways to apply all the wonderful but sometimes confusing information about parenting, into your daily life with your children. Having struggled with all the same pitfalls most parents experience, I was motivated to find answers to our most common questions.
The focus of my parenting program and upcoming book, Parenting as a Loving Authority, How I Rewired My Brain and Watched My Family Magically Change is to help parents learn and apply specific skills and information into everyday parenting to improve their effectiveness and connection with their children and themselves. Becoming a Loving Authority means learning how to set limits in a loving way, or to “mean what we say without being mean.” I found a middle-ground between the Helicopter style and the Tiger-mom style of parenting. Self-reflection and learning how to use my mind to recognize and change habitual feelings enlightened my parenting.
Here are the questions I hear repeatedly in my workshops:
- “Why do I hear things coming out of my mouth that I swore I’d never say or do to my kids?”
- “Why don’t my kids listen to me when I tell them what to do?”
- “Why does parenting feel so stressful and overwhelming?”
- “How can I get more respect from my children?”
- “How do I maintain love and trust with my teenager and teach them how to think for themselves?”
- “What do I do about sibling rivalry?”
I hope you will see that you are not alone and can find the support you need to do this sacred job with more joy and ease.
love and blessings, Leigh